With Non-Government Organization status at the International Maritime Organization and participation in relevant shipping events, INTERCARGO’s objective is the creation of a safe, efficient, high quality and environmentally friendly dry cargo shipping industry. INTERCARGO formulates its strategies based on the prime principle of free and fair competition in the dry cargo industry, to enhance the interests of its Members and benefit not only dry cargo shipping but also the shipping industry as a whole.
Entities interested to join INTERCARGO must agree to the conditions of membership as laid out in INTERCARGO’s Constitution.
Benefits to Members
- Participate in drafting strategy for the dry bulk and the wider shipping industry.
- Be part of an association dedicated to quality, safety, and the environment with a recognised better than average performance in Port State Control inspections.
- Vessels entered with INTERCARGO are awarded quality bonus points in Rightship’s online Ship Vetting Information System.
- Opportunities to advertise your services in the publications of INTERCARGO made available widely in the dry cargo industry.
- Receive free hard copies of several INTERCARGO publications, such as the Benchmarking Report, the Casualty Report, and other reports on Port State Control, terminals, and operational matters.
- Meet fellow Members twice a year at meetings in Europe and Asia.
- Participate in INTERCARGO’s Technical Committee and Executive Committee meetings (for full Members), and side events.
- Take advantage of our website Members’ area information.
- Be part of the Round Table’s effort in creating a united voice of shipping.
- Gain access to wider cross industry sources of knowledge and influence via INTERCARGO’s participation in Industry Working and Correspondence Groups, as well as at IMO, on issues related to INTERCARGO’s work programme:
- Air Emissions
- Casualties and Transparency
- Design standards
- Environmental Legislation
- Lifting Appliances
- Loading Rates
- Port State Control & Benchmarking
- Reception Facilities / MARPOL V
- Training, Manpower & Human Element
- Other issues