“INTERCARGO’s vision is for a safe, efficient and environmentally friendly dry cargo maritime industry where its member’s ships serve world trade – operating competitively, safely and profitably.”
INTERCARGO represents the interests of 76 Full and 61 Associate members who between them own and operate about 1,100 dry cargo ships. INTERCARGO promotes the interests of its members at IMO and IACS, INTERCARGO works closely with the other members of the Round Table of international maritime associations (BIMCO, ICS and INTERTANKO) to promote a safe, high quality, efficient and profitable industry.
Benefits to Members
• Participation in the drafting strategy for the dry bulk and the wider shipping industry.
• Be part of an association dedicated to quality and safety, with better than average performance in Port State Control inspections.
• Vessels entered with Intercargo are awarded quality bonus points in RightShip’s online Ship Vetting Information System.
• Be part of the Round Table’s effort in creating a united voice for shipping.
• Meet fellow Members twice a year at meetings in Europe and Asia.
• Associate Members may advertise their services in the Hard Copy Bulletin sent to most of the world’s 1200 bulk carrier companies.
• Participation in Intercargo’s Technical Committee (TechCom) and Executive Committee (ExCom) meetings and deliberations.
• Receive gratis copies of Intercargo publications, including the Benchmarking Report and Bulk Carrier Casualty Report, guidance on Port State Control matters and other reports covering terminals and operational matters.
• Take advantage of Members’ area information services on our website.
• Gain access to wider cross industry sources of knowledge and influence via Intercargo’s participation in following topics :
A. Correspondence Groups (CG) at IMO
1. CG on Review of Guidelines (G8)
2. CG on Fuel Oil Quality
3. CG on Onboard Lifting Appliances and Winches
4. CG on Evaluation of Properties of BAUXITE and COAL
5. CG on Amendments to the IGF Code and guidelines for low flashpoint fuels
B. Industry Correspondence Groups
1. Goal Based Standards - Ship Construction File - Cross Industry
2. Cyber security – development of Industry Guidelines on Cyber Security on Board Ships
3. Joint Working Group (JWG) on Energy Efficiency of Ships (JWG/EEDI, led by IACS)
4. JWG on Anchoring, Towing and Mooring Requirements
5. Industry Joint Lifeboat Working Group
6. Ship Recycling