20120823 : Please note that we currently do not have any vacancies within the Intercargo Secretariat. Details of any future vacancies will appear here.
20091028 : Intercargo's Executive Committee has decided to try and assist soon-to-be qualified or recently qualified students obtain some work experience with the Intercargo Secretariat as a means of broadening their outlook beyond their academic studies and improving their prospects of securing a later job within the wider Maritime Community.
Recognising that the Intercargo Secretariat is very small, it will be necessary to institute a few basic rules to ensure that the benefit to the potential applicant is maximised.
- The Internship is unfortunately unpaid.
- Intercargo is not able to assist with Visas, Work Permits or any other administrative assistance in taking up the position.
- Openings will be available approcximately 3 times a year, corresponding to Christmas, Easter and Summer vacation periods. The length of the Internship will vary according to the operatational demands of the Secretariat but as a guide, will be about two weeks in length.
- Internees will receive a full written briefing on how the Maritime Industry is regulated; how the dry bulk industry functions and what are the issues influencing the industry today; how the various stakeholders such as flag, Class, IMO, legal, P&I, shipbrokers interact; all aspects of the Intercargo Work Programme and Office Administration skills generally. If possible, visits will be made to near-by other stakeholders and the internee will be encouraged to complete a small project relating to the internship programme.
- Internees must be known to an existing Intercargo Full or Associate Member.
- Internees must be registered with a recognised University course and be within one to two years of graduation or within one year of graduating. Strong priority will be given to members on Maritime related courses or who have expressed a strong desire to join the Maritime Industry.
- In the event that more than one person wishes to obtain an internship for a specific period, then the decision made will be by lottery. This will be done about one month before the start of the next Internship period.
- Intercargo reserves the right to vary terms of the internships.
- For further information, or to apply, please contact :- info AT (replacing the AT with a @) intercargo.org