-first posted on 26 Jan 2021-
INTERCARGO and RightShip are founding partners of DryBMS, a quality standard for the dry bulk sector. Safety, environmental and operational excellence are promoted through company self-assessment.
Both RightShip and INTERCARGO have strongly and consistently advocated the need for significant improvements to dry bulk safety standards. In August 2020 both organisations combined their expertise to create a single framework for the whole industry.
Supported by the International Chamber of Shipping (ICS) and BIMCO, DryBMS now exists as a simple set of best practices and key performance indicators and raises the bar on safety, environmental and operational excellence.
RightShip and INTERCARGO announced on 21 January 2021 the launch of DryBMS, this important new quality standard for the dry bulk sector:
- you may refer to the joint Media Release (21 Jan. 2021) here.
You may refer also to:
- Presentation by INTERCARGO at webinar hosted by HELMEPA (29 June. 2022) – please see here.
- “DryBMS – Past, Present & Future”” (22 Apr. 2021), INTERCARGO webinar – please see here.
- DryBMS interview (12 Mar. 2021) of Paul Markides, Marine-Quality Manager of INTERCARGO – please see here.
- “Why the dry bulk industry needs DryBMS” (23 Feb. 2021), RightShip CEO Steen Lund and INTERCARGO Secretary General Kostas Gkonis joint interview- please see here.
- “DryBMS – explanation and application” (17 Feb. 2021), INTERCARGO webinar – please see here.
You may visit the DryBMS website at https://drybms.org/
For INTERCARGO Full Members only:
Please login to access background material reserved to INTERCARGO’s Full Members only.