Secretary General Kostas Gkonis participated at “Fleet Transformation: the event 2017” on October 25th as speaker in the industry panel “Regulation and shipping. A new relationship”:
Regulations are the backbone of shipping and a key part of the level playing field demanded of shipowner representatives.
- Are the regulations working?
- What needs to be reformed?
- What regulation can we expect next?
- Can they be more inclusive to meet the needs of our current industry?
- How can an operations create competitive advantage through working with regulations?
IMO, the EU and industry will discuss their perspectives and explore options for working better within a restrictive framework.
Knut Orbeck-Nilssen, CEO Maritime, DNVGL (tbc)
James Fanshawe CBE, Chairman, Maritime Autonomous Systems Regulatory Working Group
Dr Kostas Gkonis, Secretary General, InterCargo
Stein Kjolberg, Global Sales Director – Hull Performance Solutions, Jotun Performance Coatings
Kostas Ladas, General Manager (London), LISCR