INTERCARGO is one of the supporting organisations to a joint industry initiative – Seafarers Delivering Christmas Campaign. INTERCARGO Members are encouraged to actively participate and support this important initiative for our seafarers. The supporting organisations are ICS, ICMA, IMCA, Inmarsat, INTERCARGO, INTERTANKO, ISWAN, ITF Seafarers Trust, ITF, MNWB, Ocean Technologies Group, Seafarers Hospital Society and Seafarers UK.
The supporting organisations are appealing to companies and individuals to get creative and be involved in whatever way they can – this could be:
- Through donating gifts and money to the seafarers’ missions and charities.
- By providing free, 10-minute telephone calls.
- By providing your own rendition of the Christmas singalong video, allowing us to potentially upload verses and place them alongside others in a show of unity.
- Helping to provide access to company or other support helplines.
- Through the organising of holiday fundraising activities.
Under the hashtag of #SeafarersDeliveringChristmas, the industry has developed a range of initiatives to help show our gratitude, including a flyer detailing exactly how companies/organisations and individuals can assist the worlds’ seafarers as well as a fun Christmas singalong video based on The 12 Days of Christmas, which can be seen and enjoyed here: https://12days.oceantechnologiesgroup.com/
Through our joint efforts, we can ensure that our vital seafaring colleagues are not forgotten and remain at the forefront of people’s hearts and minds – after all, there’s a very good chance that the presents opened, and food consumed, arrived by their very hands.
So if you are celebrating Chanukah, Omisoka, Bodhi day, Hogmanay or any other special holiday, please do take some time to help with this initiative for the good of all our seafarers who might be away from their loved ones – they really will appreciate it.
The flyer “Seafarers Delivering Christmas” as attached outlines how different groups and individuals can participate in this cross industry campaign in a variety of different ways and help to ensure our seafarers are properly recognised during this particularly challenging year.
The different projects include:
- Donate Gifts & Money To The Seafarers Missions & Maritime Charities
- Join In Making The 12 Days Of Christmas Singalong Video
- Activity Suggestions For People Of All Faiths
- Provision Of 10 Minute Free Telephone Calls
- Access to Company or Other Support Helplines For Seafarers
The initiative will also be publicised by IMO, ILO, the EC, and the UN Global Compact.
Please feel free to use the various logos, please click below to view
to promote the campaign with your contacts.