-first posted on June 3-
the seventy-eighth session of the Marine Environment Protection Committee (MEPC 78) was held from Monday 06 to Friday 10 June 2022.
Topics that were discussed and may be of interest to Members include:
- IMO Strategy
- Short, mid and long-term measures
- CIIs Correction Factors/Adjustments
- International Maritime Research and Development Board and an IMO Maritime Research Fund
- Market Based Measures
- Life Cycle Assessment of fuel emissions
- Challenging Water Quality
- Experience Building Phase
- Establishment of a new ECA
Other topics that were discussed and may be of interest include:
- Inventory Of Hazardous Materials Under The Hong Kong Convention
The pre-brief can be downloaded below.
You may view the Statement submitted to IMO on GHG here.
INTERCARGO’s brief on the outcome of this meeting can be downloaded below.