The military bi-annual report of “Threat Assessment” is released today, for reference of ships transiting through the Red Sea, Gulf of Aden (GoA), Gulf of Oman (GoO) and the Western Indian Ocean. The report takes into account information, knowledge and intelligence from the two multi-national naval operations; EU NAVFOR (navy forces of EU countries) and CMF (joint navy forces of 31 countries).
The 18-page report covers following items with in depth analysis, from piracy to other security risks:
- Situation in Somalia
- Situation in Yemen
- Recent Activity
- The Piracy Spike in Mar – Apr 2017
- Activity in Bab-al-Mandeb (BaM) in Jan – Nov 2017
4. Projected Trends
- Projected Trends
- Attacks linked to the Yemen Conflict
- Other Threat Groups
- Vessel Movement Registrations
- Navy convoys
- Recent establishment of Maritime Security Transit Corridor (MSTC)
- Ship routing
Members need to log into “Members area” to download the full report of “Threat Assessment”, annexed herewith, with restricted circulation for Internal reference only.