Dear Members of INTERCARGO,
I wish you on behalf of our Secretariat a Happy & Prosperous 2018!
This monthly update looks into:
Membership; Our upcoming Committees meetings;
Regular Circulars; Technical/Operational/other circulars;
Events; Our website.
In more detail:
New Full and Associate members joined in December:
– NEDA MARITIME AGENCY CO. LTD
– MARCURA EQUITIES FZE (THE MARCURA GROUP) (Associate)
– METROPOLITAN COLLEGE (Associate)
Throughout 2017, existing Members have also been adding significant number of ships.
As a result our Association in 2017 has seen:
– Registered ships increase by 66% – we count now #1,695 ships (with a total tonnage of 152 mil. dwt)
– Full members increase by >40% – we count now 111 Full Members; and also 78 Associate Members
(see annual evolution here)
Also our LinkedIn followers are up >50% (follow us here)!
Many thanks to our existing Members for registering more ships with us
and to new Members joining: you are all enhancing our Association’s representation and strength.
Our next Committees meetings
The next semi-annual INTERCARGO meetings will be taking place in Singapore on 5-6 March 2018.
The venue will be the Four Seasons Hotel Singapore, 190 Orchard Boulevard, 248646 Singapore.
– the Technical Committee will be meeting on Monday 5 March
– the Executive Committee will be meeting on Tuesday 6 March
– the industry Presentations Session will also be taking place in the afternoon of Tuesday 6 March
More information will be communicated soon.
– Selected News Headlines (weekly, also posted here)
– Dry bulk trade and fleet update (monthly, also posted here)
– INTERCARGO CALENDAR with upcoming events (monthly, also posted here)
– the present update of Secretariat activities & upcoming ones (monthly, also posted here)
(most TC ones are for TechCom members only; some are reserved for Full Members only)