Update on 09 Sept 2019:-
- Modifications to the Canal Tolls structure
On Sept 3, 2019, the Cabinet Council of the Republic of Panama officially approved modifications to the Canal Tolls structure. The approved modifications include the tolls charged to Neopanamax Dry Bulk vessels carrying iron ore, Neopanamax Dry Bulk vessels transiting in ballast:
- Matched tolls charged to Neopanamax vessels carrying iron ore with the tolls assessed for grains and “other dry bulk” cargoes.
- A tariff increase for Neopanamax dry bulkers transiting in ballast.
- Effective from 1 Jan, 2020: Considerations to charge based on Timber Summer DWT or Summer Loaded DWT, whichever is higher, only for Dry Bulk vessels carrying timber deck cargo.
- Effective from 1 Apr, 2020: Modifications for Neopanamax Dry Bulk vessels carrying iron ore and Neopanamax Dry Bulk vessels transiting in ballast.