Dear Members of INTERCARGO,
With May already behind us, it is time to review:
Membership; Meetings & other events; Upcoming bi-annual INTERCARGO meetings;
Media Release; Regular Circulars; Feedback surveys;
Other Secretariat updates.
In more detail:
New members in May:
– IOLCOS HELLENIC MARITIME ENTERPRISES CO. LTD
Our updated Membership stats:
– Registered ships – we count now #2,033 ships (with a total tonnage of 190 mil. dwt)
– Full members – we count now 132 Full Members and 72 Associate Members
(see annual evolution here)
Also our LinkedIn followers are up >60% (follow us here)!
Many thanks to our existing Members for registering more ships with us
and to new Members joining: you are all enhancing our Association’s representation and strength.
Meetings & other events with INTERCARGO’s participation
– IACS/Industry Spring Technical Meeting (May 14)
– IMO 70: “Our Heritage – Better Shipping for a Better Future” High-level Forum (May 15)
– 99th session of the IMO Maritime Safety Committee (MSC 99, May 16-25) – see here
– (UPCOMING) HELMEPA Conference “2020 is closer than we think” (June 6)
– (UPCOMING) Green Award Committee meeting in Athens (June 8)
– (UPCOMING) “Bulk carriers: design measures to prevent Cargo Liquefaction & Shaft alignment” presentation by DNV GL hosted by INTERCARGO (June 20) – see here
– (UPCOMING) Seatrade Awards (June 29)
– The INTERCARGO CALENDAR with upcoming events can be found here.
Upcoming bi-annual INTERCARGO meetings in London (1-2 October 2018)
– Venue: Trinity House, Tower Hill, London EC3N 4DH
– Registrations will open very soon and you will be notified with a separate communication.
– We are negotiating Hotel discount offers, which will also be communicated as soon as available.
– “On Bulk Carrier Casualties & Incidents” (May 10) (see here)
– Selected News Headlines (weekly, also posted here)
– Dry bulk trade and fleet update (monthly, also posted here)
– the present update of Secretariat activities & upcoming ones (monthly, also posted here)
Feedback surveys (for Full Members only)
– BWTS Survey (you may contact our Technical Manager Ed Wroe at Ed.Wroe@intercargo.org )
– Full Members’ Surveys online – see the results of past ones here
(most TC ones are for TechCom members only; some are reserved for Full Members only)