-SEPTEMBER and up to 5 October 2018-
Dear Members of INTERCARGO,
With September already behind us,
a brief update follows of what has happened up to this first week of October and is to come next:
Membership; Semi-annual INTERCARGO meetings;
Media Releases; Others meetings/events;
Publications-papers; Members’ Reporting & Surveys;
Regular Circulars; Technical/Operational/other circulars & Other Secretariat updates.
In more detail:
New members in September:
– EQUINOX MARITIME LTD
– YACHT INTERNATIONAL CO LLC
Our updated Membership stats:
– Full members – we count 138 Full Members and 72 Associate Members
– Registered ships – we count #2,177 ships (with a total tonnage of 202 mil. dwt)
(i.e. about 20% basis numbers and about 25% basis dwt of the global dry bulk carrier fleet)
Semi-annual INTERCARGO meetings in London (1-2 October 2018)
We hope the Members who attended our events found them fruitful and enjoyable.
– The Annual General Meeting, among other functions, elected the Chairman and
the two Vice-Chairmen of INTERCARGO from 1st January 2019 for the next two-year term.
Current Chairman Mr John Platsidakis and Vice-Chairman Mr Nicky Pappadakis will be stepping down on 31 December 2018
after completing the maximum term in the said positions.
Vice-Chairman Mr Jay K Pillai was re-elected, Mr Dimitris Fafalios was elected as Chairman and Mr Spyros Tarassis as Vice-Chairman.
– An overview of the events can be viewed here.
– the Technical Committee presentations are available here.
– the Executive Committee documents can be accessed here.
– the Media Release issued after the conclusion of the meetings can be accessed here.
– for the Presentations Session please refer here.
– the speech delivered by INTERCARGO’s Chairman at the Dinner Reception can be accessed here.
– Photos from the events are made available here.
Any follow-up information and the minutes of the meetings will be circulated as soon as prepared.
– “INTERCARGO held its semi-annual meetings in London: The dry bulk sector and the critical challenges that lie ahead”” (October 3) – see here
– “On the M/V Cheshire Casualty Investigation Report” – see here
– IMO Sub Committee On Carriage Of Cargoes And Containers (CCC 5) (Sept 10-14) & Editorial And Technical Group (E&T 30) (Sept 17-21) – see here
– IACS Chairman courtesy visit (Sept 13)
– IMO Sub Committee On Implementation Of IMO Instruments (III 5) (Sept 24-28) – see here
– (Upcoming) TRIPARTITE Forum (Oct 11-12)
– (Upcoming) IMO Intersessional Meeting of the Working Group on Reduction of GHG Emissions From Ships (Oct 15-19)
– (Upcoming) IMO Marine Environment Protection Committee (MEPC 73) (Oct 22-26)
– See also the INTERCARGO Calendar with upcoming meetings attached to this webpage here.
Publications & papers
– For the latest INTERCARGO publications please see here
– INTERCARGO Submissions to IMO so far in 2018 – see here
Members’ Reporting & Surveys – please refer for details here
– Terminal Reporting
– Safe Loading/Unloading at Anchorage
– BWTS Survey
– Crew injury frequency and lost time
– Selected News Headlines (weekly, also posted here)
– Dry bulk trade and fleet update (monthly, also posted here)
– the present update of Secretariat activities & upcoming ones (monthly, also posted here)
Technical/Operational/other circulars & Other Secretariat Updates
Please refer to the respective emailed circulars and consult the articles on our website https://www.intercargo.org/
The latest updates are posted on the Homepage under IN FOCUS, LATEST ARTICLES, and MEMBER NEWS;
also navigate the MENU (top of page) for other topics and older articles.
For any question or clarification, do not hesitate to contact me.
Dr Kostas G. GKONIS