INTERCARGO and its partner Round Table shipping associations have actively participated and promoted through the IMO and elsewhere, Best Management Practices (BMP’s) which give advice to Masters and Companies on how best to avoid seizure by Pirates. These matters are kept under review by a small dedicated INTERCARGO Correspondence Group comprised of INTERCARGO Bulk Carrier companies who assist and advise the secretariat and Executive Committee on anti-piracy strategy and reaction to proposed policy developments.
- To work within the Round Table and the IMO / United Nations to end piracy in the Gulf of Aden and elsewhere.
- To receive reports from members on their response to the situation, including possible operational responses such as routing via the Cape and BMP practices designed to deter attacks.
- To impress on all authorities, the need to maintain sufficient naval capability to support the UN objectives of stabilising the region and supporting the World Food Programme, where INTERCARGO members have a strong involvement in securing humanitarian aid to the region.
- To seek every available means to secure a safe release of all seafarers held hostage and to bring the pirates to justice.
- The safety of seafarers remains INTERCARGO’s prime concern.
Convoys Advisory in regions around Gulf of Aden (GOA)
1)Government of Japan convoy schedule for September 2017.
Merchant vessels that wish to apply for JMSDF escort operation should visit http://www.mlit.go.jp/en/maritime/maritime_fr2_000000.html and follow the application procedure. For further information, please contact directly to the Anti-Piracy Contact and Coordination Office, Maritime Bureau, Ministry of Land, Infrastructure, Transport and Tourism (MILT), Japan: Tel: +81-3-5253-8932 Fax: +81-3-5253-1643 Email: INFO-PIRACY@mlit.go.jp
2)Korean Navy convoy schedule for September 2017
All merchant vessels wishing to join the convoy group must submit their application forms directly to the ROK naval warship carrying out the mission. The ROK MTG can be reached directly at 1-203-574-6387, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
3)Chinese Navy convoy schedule for September 2017.
For further information, please e-mail email@example.com , Tel: 00870 773 121 248; or 441 203 136.
4)Indian Navy convoy escort schedule for September 2017.
contact are: 91-22-22614646 or fax at 91-22- 22613636.
5)Russian Navy convoy escort schedule for September 2017.
Maritime Security Transit Corridor (MSTC)
Please refer to the webpage for details of a new Maritime Security Transit Corridor (MSTC), announced by Combined Maritime Forces (CMF) on 6 Sept 2017.