Dear Members of INTERCARGO,
A brief review follows of our Association’s activities in January
and of what is upcoming in February:
Membership; Upcoming semi-annual Committees’ meetings; Other meetings/events;
Media Releases; Publications-papers; Members’ Reporting & Surveys;
Regular Circulars; Association updates.
In more detail:
New members in January:
– SCORPIO MARITIME INDIA PRIVATE LIMITED
Our updated Membership stats as of 31.01.2019:
– Full members – 141 Full Members and 74 Associate Members
– Registered ships – #2,203 ships (with a total tonnage of 207 mil. dwt)
(i.e. about 20% basis numbers and about 25% basis dwt of the global dry bulk carrier fleet)
Our upcoming Committees’ meetings: Hong Kong, 4-5 March 2019
The next semi-annual INTERCARGO meetings will be taking place in Hong Kong on 4-5 March 2019.
- See details and Registrations (open until 10 Feb) (as well as Accommodation offers) here
- the Presentations Session Agenda has already been posted on the above link
- the Agendas for ExCom & TechCom will be circulated soon
- Wed 6 March, 10am: after a kind invitation from Vice-Chairman Capt Jay K. Pillai open to all Members,
a courtesy visit to the offices of Pacific Basin Shipping (HK) Limited will take place (separate invitation with details will follow)
Other main meetings/events
– IMO Sub-Committee On Navigation, Communications And Search And Rescue (NCSR 6) (Jan. 21)
– Liquefaction Workshop (Jan. 30)
– EU NAVFOR meeting on Piracy (Jan. 31)
– (upcoming) IMO Sub-Committee On Ship Design And Construction (SDC 6) (Feb. 4-8)
– (upcoming) IMO Sub-Committee On Pollution Prevention and Response (PPR 6) (Feb. 18-22)
See also the INTERCARGO Calendar with all upcoming meetings attached to this webpage here.
– “Cargo liquefaction continues to be a major risk for dry bulk shipping” (January 31) – please see here
Publications & papers
– the new Benchmarking Bulk Carriers report will be published in February
– for the latest INTERCARGO publications please see here
– INTERCARGO Submissions to IMO in 2018 – please see here
Members’ Reporting & Surveys – please refer for details here
– Terminal Reporting
– Safe Loading/Unloading at Anchorage
– BWTS Survey
– Crew injury frequency and lost time
– Current survey ‘IMPORTANT TOPICS in 2019’ is open until 7 Feb. here
– Selected News Headlines (weekly, also posted here)
– Dry bulk trade and fleet update (monthly, also posted here)
– the present update of Secretariat activities & upcoming ones (monthly, also posted here).
– new Chairman’s Dimitrios J. Fafalios 2019 Welcome – please see here
– the new Officer Bearers (Management Committee) took office as of 1 Jan 2019 – please see here
– INTERCARGO’s Revised Constitution entered into effect as of 1 Jan 2019 – please see here
Please also refer to the respective emailed circulars and consult the articles on our website https://www.intercargo.org/
The latest updates are posted on the Homepage under IN FOCUS, LATEST ARTICLES, and MEMBER NEWS;
also navigate the MENU (top of page) for TOPICS, NEWS, and other categories of updates.
For any question or clarification, do not hesitate to contact me.
Kostas G. GKONIS, PhD