Update: 6 Apr 2018
Revision of Industry Guidelines on Cyber Security Onboard Ships
Revision process of the Industry Guidelines on Cyber Security Onboard Ships will start in Apr 2018, with following aspects to be considered as starting point of the process:
- Decoupling of the ship from shore in case of a cyber attack
- General procedures for incorporation in the ship’s ISM and SPS in accordance with the decision made by the IMO
- The need for a periodic review of detected cyber events to capture any lessons learnt that may be applicable across the fleet
- Additional guidance on OT systems, as compared to IT, and how to protect them.
- The relationship between the ship(owner), the agent and the ship manager.
The revision work will be carried out by a joint industry group with members from industry associations including INTERCARGO, experts from shipping companies and reps from insurance sector. The plan is to finalize the revision work by November 2018 at the latest.
Members are invited to provide comments on the content of and the application experience of the current version of the Guidelines, to guide the industry WG to fine tune its course of action; suggestions of new items are also welcome and considered in the revision process of the Guidelines.