INTERCARGO joins and participates in the following working groups:
A. Correspondence Groups (CG) at IMO
- CG on Review of Guidelines (G8) (Guidelines for approval of ballast water management systems)
- CG on Fuel oil quality
- CG on Onboard Lifting Appliances and Winches (2nd round discussion to be completed by 22 Oct)
- CG on Evaluation of Properties of BAUXITE and COAL (at member nomination stage, not start working yet)
- CG on Amendments to the IGF Code and guidelines for low-flashpoint fuels
B. Industry Correspondence Groups
- GBS-SCF – Cross Industry
- Cyber security – development of Industry Guidelines on Cyber Security on board Ships
- Joint Working Group (JWG) on Energy Efficiency of Ships (JWG/EEDI, led by IACS )
- JWG on Anchoring, Towing and Mooring Requirements
- Industry Joint Lifeboat Working Group
- Ship Recycling
Please contact INTERCARGO office via info@INTERCARGO.org to get the full text of drafts and updates about the progress and outcome of those groups.
An update on activities of those groups on 7 Oct refers to the pdf file.