Update on 13 Feb 2022:
On 28 Jan, IMO published its Assembly resolution A. 1155(32) as adopted on 15 Dec 2021, containing a new version of the IMO Procedures for port State control, 2021, as attached for your reference.
Resolution A. 1155(32) revokes resolutions A.1138(31) and MEPC.321(74):
- resolution A.1138(31) contains the older version of Procedures for port State control, 2019
- MEPC.321(74) contains 2019 Guidelines for port State control under MARPOL Annex VI chapter 3
Update on 20 Mar 2019:
Feedback and experience sharing are expected from INTERCARGO members on PSC inspections.
- PSC on air emission
Last year, four (4) PSC MoUs (Paris, Tokyo, India and Black Sea) jointly carried out CIC on compliance with the MARPOL Annex VI. As advised via INTERCARGO circular 0301-F-1973 on 1 Mar 2019, findings on the most common deficiencies included:
- Bunkering Delivery Notes,
- Sulphur content compliance,
- Ozone depleting Substances, and
- Incinerator Use.