– January 2023-
Dear Members of INTERCARGO,
Warmest wishes on behalf of our Secretariat for the New Year 2023!
Please refer to INTERCARGO Chairman’s 2023 Welcome message.
A brief review follows of our Association’s latest and upcoming activities:
INTERCARGO semi-annual meetings & AGM; Calendar of meetings & events;
Media releases / Public communications;
Web-posted updates / INTERCARGO’s Working Programme;
Members’ Surveys & Reporting;
In more detail:
New members in December:
– Iblea Ship Management Ltd.
New Members that joined in H2/2022 are listed here.
Our Association is very pleased to report a new historic milestone reached in end 2022,
with the number of Full members surpassing the 150 mark & all members reaching #250
– also see here.
INTERCARGO semi-annual meetings & AGM
The minutes of our Association’s semi-annual meetings and Annual General Meeting held in November in Singapore were circulated and along with other supporting material can be found:
– Annual General Meeting – please see here
– Executive Committee Meeting – please see here
– Technical Committee Meeting – please see here
Our Association’s next semi-annual meetings are planned to take place in Dubai on 21-22 May 2023 (dates to be confirmed and detailed information to be communicated soonest).
Calendar of meetings & events
– Tripartite 2022 (Dec. 1-2) – please see here
– IMO INTERSESSIONAL WORKING GROUP ON GHG REDUCTION FROM SHIPS (ISWG-GHG 13), Dec. 5-9 – please see here
– IMO MARINE ENVIRONMENT PROTECTION COMMITTEE (MEPC 79), Dec. 12-16 – please see here
– (upcoming) ECSA WEBINAR ON EU ETS, Jan. 11 – please refer to the below calendar
Please refer to the calendar (latest update as of January 5, attached to this webpage)
Media releases / Public communications (in December)
– “INTERCARGO Statement on IMO Decarbonisation Ambitions, Medium-Term Measures and Carbon Intensity Indicators” (Dec. 7) – please see here
– “Season’s Greetings from INTERCARGO” (Dec. 19) – please see here
You may follow INTERCARGO’s communications on LinkedIn here
For media coverage of our Association, please refer to “INTERCARGO in the News” updates here
Publications, reports & papers
– INTERCARGO Annual Review 2021-2022 – please see here
– INTERCARGO Submissions to IMO in 2022 – please see here
– INTERCARGO Bulk Carrier Casualty Report 2012-2021 – please see here
– INTERCARGO Benchmarking Report 2020-2021 – please see here
– latest “Dry Bulk Shipping video: Sustainably serving the world’s essential needs” – please see here
For all publications, please see here
Web-posted updates / INTERCARGO’s Working Programme
– Piracy – please see here
– Ballast Water – please see here
– Emissions – please see here
– IMO – please see here
– Other Legislation – please see here
Members’ Surveys & Reporting
For our Surveys & Reporting, including the below, please refer for details here
– Terminal Reporting
– Safe Loading/Unloading at Anchorage
– Crew injury frequency and lost time
– Fuel Quality Survey
– Ballast Water Operational Survey (results published in July 2022)
– Other experience sharing
– INTERCARGO in the News (please see here)
– Selected News Headlines (weekly, also posted here)
– Dry bulk trade and fleet update (monthly, also posted here)
– Selected Headlines on Alternative Fuels & Technologies (also posted here)
– the present update of Secretariat activities (monthly)
Please also refer to our Association’s circulars shared regularly via emailing
and consult the articles on our website https://www.intercargo.org/, where the latest updates are posted on the Homepage under:
– IN FOCUS
– and MEMBER NEWS (includes access to industry events);
also navigate the MENU (top of page) for TOPICS, NEWS, and other categories of updates.
For any question or clarification, do not hesitate to contact me and the Secretariat at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For the 2022 monthly updates, please see here