– January 2020-
Dear Members of INTERCARGO,
Warmest wishes to all of you, our seafarers and their families
for Health, Prosperity & Safe Seas in 2020!
A brief review follows of our Association’s activities last month and of what is upcoming:
Membership; upcoming INTERCARGO Semi-annual meetings; recent/upcoming meetings & Calendar of events;
Media Releases; Publications-papers; Members’ Reporting & Surveys;
Regular Circulars; Updates under our Working Programme;
Membership Renewals; Secretariat updates; Other updates.
In more detail:
New members in December:
– UNION COMMERCIAL INCORPORATED
Our Membership stats as of 31.12.2019 – you may also view here:
– Full members – 145 Full Members and 77 Associate Members
– Registered ships – #2,260 ships (with a total tonnage of 215 mil. dwt)
(i.e. about 20% basis numbers and about 25% basis dwt of the global dry bulk carrier fleet)
Our Association’s next semi-annual meetings: Singapore on 9-10 March 2020 – Registrations are OPEN
The next semi-annual INTERCARGO meetings will be taking place
at the Grand Hyatt Singapore on Monday 9 March and Tuesday 10 March 2020.
You may view the meetings’ schedule and register your participation here.
Recent/upcoming Meetings & Calendar of events
– lunchtime presentation (Dec. 13) hosted by INTERCARGO and delivered by Associate Member MacGregor Greece Ltd
on “The importance, efficiency and safety aspects of Hatch Covers” – please see here
– (upcoming) IACS External Advisory Group meeting (Jan. 10)
– (upcoming) “Together in Safety” initiative meeting (Jan. 21)
– (upcoming) IMO Sub-Committee On Navigation, Communications And Search and Rescue (NCSR 7) (Jan. 13-24)
Please view also the INTERCARGO calendar with all upcoming events attached to this webpage.
– Joint Media Release “Shipping sector proposes USD 5 billion R&D board to cut emissions” (Dec. 18) – please see here
Publications & papers
– INTERCARGO Annual Review 2018/2019 – please see here
– INTERCARGO Submissions to IMO in 2020 – please see here
– INTERCARGO Submissions to IMO in 2019 – please see here
– INTERCARGO Benchmarking Bulk Carriers 2017-18 report – please see here
– INTERCARGO Bulk Carrier Casualty Report 2018 – please see here
– for the latest INTERCARGO publications please see here
Members’ Reporting & Surveys – please refer for details here
– Terminal Reporting
– Safe Loading/Unloading at Anchorage
– BWTS Survey
– Crew injury frequency and lost time
– Online survey ‘IMPORTANT TOPICS in 2019’results – please see here
– Selected News Headlines (weekly, also posted here)
– Dry bulk trade and fleet update (monthly, also posted here)
– the present update of Secretariat activities & upcoming ones (monthly, also found at the present webpost).
Updates under our Working Programme in December
– Design & Construction, Machinery & Operations – please see here
– Emissions (Sulphur & GHG)– please see here
– Incidents & Casualties – please see here
– Life Saving – please see here
– Ports & Terminals – please see here
– Training, Manpower & Human Element – please see here
– International Maritime Organization (IMO) – please see here
– Other Legislation – please see here
Please be reminded that this is the time of the year to renew your Membership with INTERCARGO: your good company must have already received the relevant invoice for the 2020 Membership year.
(if not received, please promptly contact the Secretariat at email@example.com)
Kindly note that:
– the timely payment of Membership fees is paramount for the functioning of our Secretariat and the budgeting of our Association and therefore highly appreciated
– 2020 Membership logos and Company Certificates will be provided upon renewal of Membership
– Full Members will be able to download their 2020 Vessel Certificates soon – a separate communication will follow
Please be reminded again of our Secretariat office new address:
INTERCARGO, 4th Floor, 123 Minories, London EC3N 1NT, U.K.
with new main telephone number: +44 (0) 20 8106 8480
You may view our office & team contact details also here
Please also refer to the respective emailed circulars and consult the articles on our website https://www.intercargo.org/
The latest updates are posted on the Homepage under IN FOCUS, LATEST ARTICLES, and MEMBER NEWS;
also navigate the MENU (top of page) for TOPICS, NEWS, and other categories of updates.
For any question or clarification, do not hesitate to contact me.
Kostas G. GKONIS, PhD